Monday 7 February 2011

Chorizo and Lentil Soup (for adults)

After not being permitted to use cashback in a local shop (the cashpoint was broken) and so deciding not to buy something for lunch in a fit of pique after my purchases would have “failed to make the minimum payment for cashback...ya de ya de... more than my jobsworth...” (said with a sneer by a member of staff who’d forgotten to wash) I was stuck with the contents of our cupboard and freezer.  I knocked this one up in about 25 mins.





Chorizo and Lentil soup - serves 1 adult with seconds or two small portions


Ingredients


100g chorizo, sliced or cubed
70g red lentils
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/3 tin chopped tomatoes
Boiling water to cover

Method

Fry the chorizo until it’s starting to release the oil.  Stir in the paprika.  Add the tomatoes, lentils and cover with water.  Boil for 10 mins, then simmer for 5 mins or until the lentils are cooked and falling apart.

Serve.

As you can see I’m in a grumpy mood today.  The little one decided 4:15 was morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.