Monday 21 February 2011

The importance of first aid

Our little family went away for the weekend to a remote cottage.  While having some apple finger food (which he's had loads of times before), my little one started to choke.  More than gag, properly choke.

As it happens, everything was ok, we did some back slaps across my knee and it came out with a bit of sick but it made me so scared (and thankful) that I'd done some baby first aid training.

We did our course with the NCT.  It was inexpensive and covered all the basics.  NCT website  Other providers also do similar courses including St John's Ambulance and the Red Cross.

I dread to think what would have happened if I'd not known what to do.  We were miles from anywhere with no mobile phone reception.

Here's a quick guide but please, if you've not had training, do so.  It stopped me from panicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.