Thursday 25 August 2011

Potato Pancakes

It is the life of a blogger to permanently feel guilty for not posting.  Well, sorry it's been a while.  I've been cooking old favourites at home like apple and sultana muffins and bolognaise so new recipes have been a little thin on the ground.  


I came up with these though as a way of using up an extra jacket potato I'd cooked thinking "I'll make something for pumpkin".







Very well received by my son.  I thought they were a little bland and may experiment next time adding some cheese but they would be great finger food for little babies.


Potato pancakes - makes 20-30, ok for babies, would be great for a BLW breakfast.

Ingredients

1 large jacket potato, cooked, scooped out and passed through a ricer or mashed
1 egg
100g SR flour
Full fat milk to mix (I used 8tbsp)
Unsalted butter for cooking

Method

Mix the mashed potato with the egg and add in the SR flour alternately with the milk until you've added all the flour and get a nice dropping consistency (like cake batter).

Get some greaseproof paper and take a small amount of butter in it.  Rub it over a warm non stick frying pan then drop tbsp of the mixture onto the pan.  It may take a while to adjust to the right temperature so don't worry if the first one is no good.

Cook until bubbles are appearing on the surface and the surface is starting to look like a skin is forming (sorry, sounds gross but I can't think of a better way to describe it) turn over and cook the other side.

I would think they would freeze, I've put some in and I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. Made these for my 9 month old and she loved them! I added a little ham and cheese and some herbs. Might have had a nibble or two myself. :)

    Keep the recipes coming! Love them. Next on my list to try is the Feta and Spinach muffins.

    I'm on the lookout for some quick and healthy adult dinners too as I'm back to work soon. :(
    I'm thinking casserole type things. Hubby anti veg too which doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh a request! I will get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the goulash and the sausages with lentils? Both of them are suitable and tasty enough for adults but they both contain hidden veg. I have to admit I've made the goulash for my husband before and he wasn't as keen but as soon as he saw it on the blog he looked more interested again! The goulash is approx 10 mins work if you have a slow cooker (then a few hours cooking without your input), the lentils you can make in advance, then just cook the sausages when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.