Thursday 13 February 2014

Sugar Free Raspberry Mousse, great for babies and toddlers

It can be easy with toddlers to ease up too much on the 'naughty' snacks and treats.  I'm certainly more relaxed than I used to be but occasionally I try to challenge myself to cut back a bit on the sugar again so I made this mousse with all natural ingredients and no added sugar or sweeteners.  The result was creamy and gently sweetened.  My son said it was "fantastic".

This would be great for all ages including babies.

Sugar free mousse




Apple and Raspberry Mousse - serves 2

Ingredients

2 Leaves of gelatine (enough to set half a pint, 300ml)
150ml,  5.5 floz, 2/3 cups Unsweetened Apple and Raspberry juice (or other naturally sweet juice)
100ml, 3.5 floz, just less than 1/2 cup Double (heavy) cream

Method

Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.

Take half of the juice and heat to boiling in a microwave.

Put the gelatine into the hot juice, leave for a few seconds then stir in.  Add the remaining cold juice, stirring in and put the juice mix in the fridge.

Whisk the cream using an electric whisk until soft peaks form.  When that's done, take the juice out of the fridge and whisk that until foamy.

Add the cream into the juice and whisk together.  Pour into dishes or glasses and chill for a few hours until set.

No added sugar mousse

Quick request:  The MAD blog awards are open and I need nominations to be in with a chance of making it to the knock out stages!

Here is the link:  http://www.the-mads.com/vote/ if you'd get the chance, I would love to be considered for the "best food blog" category.  My blog URL is this:  http://mamacook.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.